Maryland Career Development Association Awards
MCDA seeks nominations for the following awards:
Click on the name of the award to download a Nomination Package.
- MCDA Outstanding Career Professional Award To recognize professionals who offer distinguished career counseling services to others.
- MCDA Lifetime Contribution Award To recognize a person who has made an important contribution to Career Development. This award includes lifetime membership in MCDA.
- MCDA Organizational Career Planning Award To recognize an organization that has developed an excellent program for career development within the organization.
- MCDA Innovative Use of Technology Award To recognize a professional or organization that has found an innovative way to use technology in career counseling.
- MCDA Diversity Career Programming Award To recognize a professional or organization that has addressed diversity issues in a significant way to increase availability of career services to underserved populations. This includes, but is not limited to, offering career services for people with disabilities, ex-offenders, first-generation, Veterans, GBLT, youth, older workers and those returning to the workforce after an lengthy absence.
The MCDA Board will nominate and present these additional awards:
- MCDA President’s Award To recognize the person who has been the most helpful to the MCDA President during the current year.
- MCDA Corporate Sponsorship Award To recognize an organization that has made a significant contribution to MCDA or related career services.
Guidelines and Application for Award Nomination
The nomination packet is not to exceed 250 words per demonstration statement and must be received via email by midnight on Friday, March 22, 2013. All nominations must be in a Word format and include the following:
- A completed nomination form
- Supporting information or letters of support that demonstrate how the Career Development Professional made a difference in the community. Submissions must include specific examples that demonstrate how each criterion is met as outlined in the award category.
- Please submit a copy of the nominee’s resume if possible.
Forward the completed nomination packet in Word format to the Chair of the Awards Committee at MCDA.awards@MDCareers.org
The Awards Committee will evaluate all nominations and make recommendations to the Officers of MCDA for approval.
Nominators will be notified of Awards Committee’s decision via email. Successful nominees will be invited to attend the Annual MCDA Conference where they will be recognized during the awards ceremony.
If you have question concerning the nomination process, please email the Awards Committee at MCDA.awards@MDCareers.org